Vaccine for Children (VFC) Program & Arizona State Immunization Information System (ASIIS)
- Vaccine for Children (VFC) is a federally funded program whereby vaccines are purchased by CDC and distributed to state health departments
- Arizona Revised Statute ARS 36-135 mandates providers to report all immunizations administered to children under the age of 19 to ADHS
- ASIIS is the registry dedicated at Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) to capture and maintain immunization data
- At a minimum, the statute requires monthly reporting by providers. It is highly recommended that providers report more frequently than monthly
- AHCCCS monitors providers enrolled in ASIIS to ensure active engagement and participation in immunization reporting
How do I report immunization data in ASIIS?
- Enter administered vaccine data directly into ASIIS or
- Use the ASIIS web application @ASIIS.AZDHS.gov.
- EHR data transferred through HL7 messaging visit ASIIS and provider interface at https://www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/epidemiology-disease-control/immunization/asiis/index.php#asiis-ehr-interface
Where can I receive training for ASIIS reporting requirements?
- Or contact Arizona Immunization Program office at 602-364-3642 and ask to speak to your site’s assigned immunization program specialist
How can I enroll in the ASIIS Program?
- Providers can call the ASIIS help desk at 602-364-3899
- Or complete the enrollment form and instructions here:
How do I become a VFC provider?
Please note that MCC AZ monitors provider compliance with immunization registry reporting requirements to ensure action is taken if reporting issues are identified.