How you feel matters, and learning to cope matters too. Passport offers Behavioral Health programs and resources to help you feel better and help you get back to being you. You must use a provider that is part of Passport unless it is an emergency. You can call Member Services at (800) 578-0603 (TTY:711) for assistance finding a provider.
Your benefits cover:
- Services to help figure out if you have a mental health need (diagnostic assessment services)
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Mobile crisis management services
- Facility-based crisis programs
- Specialized behavioral health services for children with autism
- Outpatient behavioral health services
- Outpatient behavioral health emergency room services
- Inpatient behavioral health services
- Research-based intensive behavioral health treatment
- Partial hospitalization
- Other Supportive Services such as: Peer Supports, Comprehensive Community Supports and Targeted Case Management
Substance Use Disorder Services
- Outpatient opioid treatment
- Outpatient withdrawal management
- Non-hospital medical withdrawal management
- Alcohol and drug abuse treatment center withdrawal management crisis stabilization
- Peer Support Services and Targeted Case Management
You must use a provider that is part of Passport (unless it is an emergency). If you need help finding a provider, call Member Services at (800) 578-0603.
You do not need a referral to see a doctor; you can pick or change your behavioral health care provider or case manager at any time.
If you want to change, call Member Services. Your case manager can also help you.
Emergency assistance is available 24 hours per day, seven days per week using the Behavioral Health Crisis Hotline at (844) 800-5154
If you have a behavioral health emergency, you should:
- Call 911
- Go to the nearest hospital emergency room
It tells you what you need to know about Passport Health Plan. Read here.
How do members get care?
Call (800) 578-0603 (TTY:711).