As of January 1, 2021, Outpatient Prescription medications are administered by Medi-Cal Rx and are covered when:
- They are ordered by your provider or another doctor treating you or your child and the drug is listed on the Medi-Cal Rx Contract Drug List
- The Contract Drug List (CDL) is Medi-Cal Rx’s list of approved drugs that doctors can order for you. The CDL is available on the Medi-Cal Rx website: www.medi-calrx.dhcs.ca.gov
- They are given while you are in a rest home, nursing home or convalescent hospital and they are ordered by a plan doctor for a covered service. You will get them through a pharmacy that is in the Medi-Cal Rx Network.
- Medi-Cal Rx Online Pharmacy locator is available at www.medi-calrx.dhcs.ca.gov or you can call 1-800-977-2273, TTY call 711, 24 hours a day.
- They are prescribed by a family planning doctor or other provider whose services do not require an approval.
- Your Doctor can submit a Prior Authorization to Medi-Cal Rx for medications not listed on the Medi-Cal Rx Contracted Drug List.
For more information see www.medi-calrx.dhcs.ca.gov or call 1-800-977-2273, or for TTY call 711, 24 hours a day.
Molina Healthcare will cover your Inpatient medications when they are ordered and given while you are in an emergency room or hospital.
Member Services Guide
It tells you what you need to know about your Molina Healthcare Medi-Cal Health Plan. For the Member Service Guide, click here.