Member Rights & Responsibilities
Member Rights and Responsibilities
Did you know that when you join Molina Healthcare you have certain rights and responsibilities? Knowing your rights and responsibilities will help you, your family, your provider and Molina Healthcare ensure that you get the covered services and care that you need. You have the following rights:
- To receive the facts about Molina Healthcare, our services and providers who contract with us to provide services.
- Have privacy and be treated with respect and dignity.
- Help make decisions about your health care. You may refuse treatment.
- Request and receive a copy of your medical records or request an amendment or correction.
- Openly discuss your treatment options in a way you understand them. It does not matter what the cost or benefit coverage.
- Voice any complaints or appeals about Molina Healthcare or the care you were given.
- Use your member rights without fear of negative results.
- Receive the members’ rights and responsibilities at least yearly.
- Suggest changes to this policy.
- You have the right to ask for an interpreter and have one provided to you during any BadgerCare Plus and/or Medicaid SSI covered service.
- All covered services must be available and accessible to you. When medically appropriate, services must be available 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week.
- You have the right to be free from any form of restraint or seclusion used as a means of force, control, ease or reprisal.
- You have the right to receive information about your treatment options including the right to receive a second opinion.
- You have the right to an independent review of any final decisions regarding your health care made by the plan.
- You have the right to receive information in the Member Services Handbook in another language or another format.
- You have the right to receive health care services as provided for in Federal and State law.
- You have the right to make decisions about your health care.
*Subject to State and Federal laws.
- Give, if possible, all facts that Molina Healthcare and the providers need to care for you.
- Know your health problems and take part in making agreed upon treatment goals as much as possible.
- Follow the care plan instructions for care you agree to with your provider.
- Keep appointments and be on time. If you are going to be late or cannot keep an appointment, call your provider.
*You may request printed copies of all content posted on our website.