Renewing your Benefits
You’ll need to renew EVERY YEAR to keep your Medicaid benefits. If you don’t renew on time, you could lose your benefits.
If you’ve moved, it’s important to call the Department for Community Based Services (DCBS) office to give them your new address. Call 1-855-459-6328 or TTY 1-855-326-4654.
Just Follow These 3 Steps to Renew Your Benefits:
Step 1: Check Your Mail.
DCBS will send you a recertification letter with a form when it’s time to renew your benefits.
Step 2: Fill Out Your Renewal Form.
Step 3: Send Your Completed Form Back.
There are 4 ways to send your information:
- Online: Log into the self-service portal at www.kynect.ky.gov
- By Mail: Fill out the paper application you receive in the mail and send it back right away
- By Phone: Call 1-855-459-6328 or TTY 1-855-326-4654
- In Person: Visit a local DCBS office
What to Do If You Need Help:
If you need help or have questions, call Passport’s Member Services at (844) 814-0593 (TTY: 711).
Information You May Need to Renew Your Benefits:
• Social Security Numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants who need insurance)
• Employer and income information for you and everyone in your family. This includes paystubs, W-2 forms, or wage and tax statements)
• Policy numbers for your current health insurance
• Information about job-related health insurance available to you and your family
Don’t qualify for Medicaid and Still Need Help?
You may qualify for other health insurance! The Health Insurance Marketplace is a great way to get health insurance for less.
To learn more about Marketplace, go to or call (800) 318-2596.