Renewing Your Benefits
You’ll need to renew EVERY YEAR to keep your Medicaid benefits. If you don’t renew on time, you could lose your benefits.
Just Follow These 3 Steps to Renew Your Benefits:
Step 1: Check Your Mail
DCBS will send you a recertification letter with a form when it’s time to renew your benefits.
Step 2: Fill Out Your Renewal Form
Step 3: Send Your Completed Form Back
There are 4 ways to send your information:
- Online: Log into the self-service portal at kynect.ky.gov.
- By Mail: Fill out the paper application you receive in the mail and send it back right away
- By Phone: Call (855) 459-6328 or TTY (855) 326-4654
- In Person: Visit a local DCBS office
What to Do If You Need Help:
Information You May Need to Renew Your Benefits:
• Social Security Numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants who need insurance)
• Employer and income information for you and everyone in your family (this includes paystubs, W-2 forms, or wage and tax statements)
• Policy numbers for your current health insurance
• Information about job-related health insurance available to you and your family
Don’t Qualify for Medicaid and Still Need Help?
You may qualify for other health insurance! The Health Insurance Marketplace is a great way to get health insurance for less.