What is a well-care visit?
A well-care visit is a provider visit for your baby, child, teen, or young adult. During these visits, the provider will assess growth and development, and evaluate milestones, social behaviors, and learning.
What can you expect at a well-care visit?
- Physical exam
- Vision and hearing tests
- Height and weight measurements
- Immunizations (shots, if needed)
- Lead screening (if needed)
- Medical referral to specialists (if needed)
Teen and young adult well-care visits are an opportunity to talk to a provider about:
- Risk-taking behaviors like drugs, alcohol, and sexual activity
- Mental health issues, such as depression and anxiety
- The importance of healthy eating and exercise
- Social issues, like school bullying
A well-care visit is the best way to prevent illness and find out about health problems that might affect your child, teen, or young adult.
Click here to learn more about the schedule for recommended well-care visits for good health.
Did you know? Molina Healthcare gives Apple Health (Medicaid) members Amazon.com Gift Cards for getting important screenings and well-care visits. For more information, click here.
Non-emergency transportation for medical and behavioral appointments (Apple Health [Medicaid]). For more information, visit: hca.wa.gov/transportation-help.