Patient Safety Program
Molina Healthcare wants you and your family to be safe and healthy. We have a Patient Safety Program to help us meet this goal. This program gives you safety facts so you can make better health care choices. Here are a few of the things we do to improve safety:
- Give providers and hospitals information on safety issues and where to get help
- Keep track of our members’ complaints about safety problems in their provider’s office or hospital
- Look at reports from groups that check hospital safety. Reports tell us about things like how well computers work for filling prescription orders, whether there are enough people working in the intensive care unit (ICU) and more
- Help members manage care when moving from one place to another (e.g. hospital to home)
- Teach members about what to ask their doctor during a visit
Groups that check safety:
- Leap Frog Quality Index Ratings
- The Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goal Ratings
- Molina Healthcare members can look at these websites:
- To see what hospitals are doing to be safe.
- To know what to look for when they pick a provider or a hospital.
- Get data about programs and services for members with problems like diabetes and asthma.
*Printed copies of information posted on our website are available upon request.