Behavioral Health

(Mental health and substance use disorder treatment services)

Molina Healthcare covers outpatient and inpatient behavioral health treatment services with licensed mental health and substance use disorder specialists.

You may self-refer for an initial evaluation and outpatient behavioral health services or visit your Primary Care Provider (PCP). Your PCP may treat some behavioral health conditions such as depression or excessive alcohol use.

Crisis services are available for members having a mental health emergency. Learn more.

Mental health treatment services may include:

  • Initial evaluation and specialty follow-up evaluations as needed
  • Individual, group and/or family treatment services
  • Other outpatient services such as:
    • Medication management/monitoring
    • Peer support
    • Program of Assertive Community Treatment (PACT)
    • Psychological assessment
    • Wraparound with Intensive Services (WISe)*
  • Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
  • Day Support (typically provided in community mental health agencies, clubhouses or community centers. Intensive rehabilitative program which provides a range of integrated and varied life skills training).
  • Crisis stabilization in outpatient or inpatient settings
  • Mental health intensive residential treatment
  • Acute psychiatric inpatient admissions to community hospitals, free standing behavioral health facilities or Evaluation and Treatment (E&T) facilities

Substance use disorder treatment services may include:

  • Initial evaluation and specialty follow-up evaluation as needed
  • Individual, group and/or family treatment services
  • Other outpatient services such as: peer support, case management
  • Intensive outpatient programs (IOP)
  • Opiate use disorder treatment program services that include medications and/or therapy services
  • Withdrawal management (detoxification)
  • Substance use disorder intensive residential treatment, long term residential treatment and recovery house residential treatment

Note: As of January 1, 2018, the following are covered:

  • Annual depression screening for youth ages twelve (12) to eighteen (18), and up to age twenty (20) per EPSDT requirements
  • Depression screening for mothers/caregivers of children up to six months old

To see a detailed list of covered behavioral health services, view your Benefits at a Glance and search for “mental health services” and “drug and alcohol treatment”.

How to find a behavioral health provider  

You can go to our Find a Provider page and follow these easy steps:

  1. Select your city or enter zip code
  2. "Distance Within" - Select miles of how far you want to travel
  3. "Coverage" - select "Apple Health Medicaid"
  4. "Provider Type" - select "Behavioral Health" or "Behavioral Health-Pediatric"
  5. Click "Search"

How do members get care?

Call Member Services if you need help getting behavioral health services. We can help you get the care you need.

How to access HCA's "Family Initiated Treatment" pages?

Family initiated treatment (FIT) provides families and behavioral health providers a way to access services needed for behavioral health youth treatment. The behavioral health provider page now includes information on eligibility, trainings, and notifications.

To learn more:



Behavioral Health Advocates

If you need help finding mental health services or if you feel that your rights have been violated, please call your regional Behavioral Health Advocate. A Behavioral Health Advocate is a person who is an available option to provide free and confidential assistance with resolving concerns related to your behavioral health services (mental health or substance use). They can help if you have a behavioral health grievance, appeal, or fair hearing to resolve your concerns.

The Behavioral Health Advocate is independent of your health plan. It is provided by a person or a person whose family member has had behavior health services. Behavioral Health Advocate know the services well and can help people resolve problems.

Use the phone numbers below to contact a Behavioral Health Advocate in your area:

Region Counties Behavioral Health Advocate
Great Rivers Cowlitz, Grays Harbor, Lewis, Pacific, Wahkiakum

(800) 803-8833


(360) 561-2257

Greater Columbia Asotin, Benton, Columbia, Franklin, Garfield, Kittitas, Wall Walla, Whitman, Yakima

(888) 544-9986


(509) 808-9790

King King

(866) 427-4747


(206) 265-1399

North Central Chelan, Douglas, Grant, Okanogan

(509) 389-4485


(800) 852-2923

North Sound Island, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, Whatcom

(800) 584-3578


(360) 528-1799

Pierce Pierce

(866) 427-4747


(800) 366-3103

Salish Clallam, Jefferson, Kitsap

(888) 910-0416


(360) 481-6561

Spokane Adams, Ferry, Lincoln, Pend Oreille, Spokane, Stevens

(877) 266-1818


(509) 655-2839

Southwest Clark, Klickitat, Skamania

(800) 626-8137


(509) 434-4951

Thurston-Mason Mason, Thurston

(800) 270-0041


(360) 489-7505

Contact the Office of Behavioral Health Advocacy (OBHA)

Michelle Tinkler, Director

(800) 366-3103


(360) 292-5038

Teen Health Hub

Check out Teen Health Hub by Washington State Department of Health & Youth Advisory Council at You will find helpful resources and links to information about health topics that matter to you. The Youth Advisory Council helped make this resource and verifies the information. A variety of topics are covered such as physical health, checkups, sexual health, relationships and more. Each "resource card" has a link to information or services. You can search using tags and filters to find cards for many topics.

For local support, you may call Care Connect Washington at (833) 453-0336. Care Connect Washington is a local team that can help you and your family connect to resources such as health care, health coverage, childcare, housing, food and more. You can also visit Care Connect Washington online at

Family Youth System Partner Round Table

You may find your local Family Youth System Partner Round Table (FYSPRT) at under “Find your Regional FYSPRT.”

Help Lines

Forefront Cares: Support for family members or loved who have lost someone to suicide

Laced and Lethal: King County's fentanyl overdose prevention campaign for teens

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (24/7): 1-800-273-TALK or text 741741

WA Perinatal Support Line: (888) 404-7763
Mental health support, information & referrals for pregnant women

WA Teen Link - Phone & Chat: (866) TeenLink,
Trained teens respond 7 days/week, 6 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.

WA Warm Line: (877) 500-WARM
Peer support for people living with emotional and mental health challenges. (Wed.-Sun. 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.)

Washington Recovery Help Line is a statewide 24-hour crisis intervention and referral line for those struggling with issues related to substance abuse, problem gambling and mental health. If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health, substance use or problem gambling crisis please call (866) 789-1511 or visit

Washington's Mental Health Referral Service for Children and Teens (

Behavioral Health Support Groups

AL-Anon & ALA-Teen: (800) 726-8094
Support for family members who have loved ones experiencing alcohol use problems.

Gamblers Anonymous: (855) 222-5542

For other support groups and 12 step support groups (such as Alcoholics Anonymous) Google “12 step meetings and/or support groups near me”.

Educational Resources



Opioid Safety crisis and treatment resources including medication assisted treatment for opioid addiction

Suicide Prevention

Member Handbook
The Member Handbook tells you what you need to know about your Molina Healthcare Apple Health (Medicaid) Health Plan.