How to file a Complaint


As a Molina Healthcare member, if you have a problem with your medical care or our services, you have a right to file a complaint. A complaint can be filed when you are unhappy with your care.  Some examples are:

  • The care you get from your doctor
  • The time it takes to get an appointment or be seen by a doctor
  • The doctors you choose for care

To file your complaint, you can call Molina Healthcare Member Services at:


Be sure to include the following:
  • Member’s first and last name
  • Molina Healthcare ID number. It is on the front of the Member ID Card
  • Member’s address and telephone number
  • Explain the problem

If you would like to check the status of your complaint, please call Member Services at (866) 449-6849.

Filing a Complaint with HHSC:

If you receive benefits through Medicaid’s STAR or STAR+PLUS programs, call your medical or dental plan first. If you don’t get the help you need there, you should do one of the following:

a) Call Medicaid Managed Care Helpline at (866) 566-8989 (toll free)
b) Online
c) Mail: Texas Health and Human Services Commission
             Office of Ombudsman, MC H-700
              P.O. Box 13247
              Austin, Texas 78711-3247
d) Fax: (888) 780-8099 (toll free)