Your Rights as a Molina Healthcare Member
Did you know that as a Member of Molina Healthcare, you have certain rights and responsibilities? Knowing your rights and responsibilities will help you, your family, your provider and Molina Healthcare ensure that you get the covered services and care that you need. You have the right to:
- Receive the facts about Molina Healthcare, our services, our practitioners, and providers who contract with us to provide services, and Member rights and responsibilities.
- Have privacy and be treated with respect and dignity.
- Help make decisions about your health care. You may refuse treatment.
- Request and receive a copy of your medical records.
- Request a change or correction to your medical records
- Discuss your treatment options with your doctor or other health care provider in a way you understand them. Cost or benefit coverage does not matter.
- Voice any complaints or send in appeals about Molina Healthcare or the care you were given.
- Use your Member rights without fear of negative results.
- Receive the Members’ rights and responsibilities each year.
- Suggest changes to Molina Healthcare’s Member rights and responsibilities policy.
You also have the responsibility to:
- Give, if possible, all facts that Molina Healthcare and our practitioners and providers need to care for you.
- Know your health problems and take part in making mutually agreed upon treatment goals as much as possible.
- Follow the treatment plan instructions for the care you agree to with your practitioner.
- Keep appointments and be on time. If you’re going to be late or cannot keep an appointment, call your provider.
Please visit our website at www.MolinaHealthcare.com for a complete list of Member rights and responsibilities.
If you do not agree with your provider’s plan of care for you, you have the right to a second opinion. Talk to another provider or out-of-network provider. This service is at no cost to you.
If you have additional questions about your rights and responsibilities, call Member Services at (855) 687-7861 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. For Members who are hearing impaired, please call TTY: 711. Our representatives are committed to treating you with respect and getting you the help you need.