Disease Management Programs
If you live with a chronic condition, SWH of NY offers a variety of free programs that can help. The goal of these programs is to help you better understand and manage your health conditions. We work with you to set health goals and create a care plan that fits your lifestyle.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Congestive Heart Failure
How do members enroll?
To be in the program, you must meet certain requirements. If you meet those requirements, there are two paths to enrollment.
- You may get a call or letter from a nurse or case manager about working with you to set health goals and create a care plan. SWH of NY uses the following information to identify members for these programs:
- Other health management programs
- Provider referral
- Care Manager enrollment
- You can refer yourself for a program, or your provider may refer you.
As a member of SWH of NY, you may also receive:
- A member newsletter with health tips, member benefits and other important information
- Reminder cards or phone calls to help you remember check-ups, immunizations and screenings
- Information and resources for other services to improve your health
- Materials on many health topics—just ask your care manager or call Member Services
It's your choice if you want to be in a program. You can ask to be removed at any time.Need more information?
Call Member Services at (877) 353-0185 (TTY/TDD: 711). Our staff can let you know what programs you are currently enrolled in and answer your questions. You can also ask for a referral or ask to be removed from a program.