Tips for successful provider visits
Making a plan before you go see your provider can help you make the most of your visit whether you are seeing a new doctor or a doctor you've seen for years. The following tips can help make it easier for you and your provider to cover everything you need to talk about.
If you are a “walk-in” patient:
- Always take your Molina Healthcare ID card and any other health plan card you may have to each visit.
- Keep in mind that your provider may not be able to see you until he/she has seen others who have appointments.
- You may be given the choice of seeing another provider at the office if your provider cannot see you.
Before your visit:
- Write down any questions you would like to ask your provider.
- Bring your medicines to review with your provider.
- If you have not been feeling well, make a list of your symptoms.
At your visit:
- Get to your provider’s office 15 minutes early. You may need to fill out forms.
- Please be patient if your provider is running late.
- Tell your provider your concerns and symptoms as best as you can.
- Ask your provider about ways to improve your health.
- Ask your provider about treatment options.
- Ask your provider to explain anything you don’t understand.
- Make sure your provider answers all your questions before you leave.
- Your provider may refer you to a specialist or other health care provider.
- Ask if you will need to schedule the visit. Ask for his/her phone number.