Did you know that there are other places to go for treatment besides the Emergency Room (ER) when your medical need is not life threatening? These places are called Urgent Care and After Hours Clinics.
What are Urgent Care and After Hours Clinics?
Urgent Care Centers and After Hours Clinics treat medical problems that may not wait until your next doctor visit, but are not life threatening.
Advantages of an Urgent Care & After Hours Clinic
- Shorter wait times
- You can be seen on a walk-in basis
- Many are open evenings and weekends
- Patients receive care from the same people as an emergency room or primary care clinic
If you cannot see your doctor, you can go to an Urgent Care or an After Hours Clinic if you have any of the following:
- Twisted or sprained ankle
- Cough, cold, or sore throat
- Minor skin rash
- Cuts, bumps, & sprains
- Fever or flu symptoms
- General wound care
- Animal bite
- Urinary tract infection
- Mild asthma
- Flu shot
You should go to the ER for sudden injury or sickness such as:
- Poisoning (Poison Control Center toll free (800) 222-1222, TTY: 711)
- A lot of bleeding
- A very bad burn
- Very bad shortness of breath (trouble breathing)
- Drug overdose
- Gunshot wound
- Chest pain
- Broken bones
- Your Doctor
- Urgent Care/After Hours Clinic
- Emergency Room
If you think you have a life threatening emergency, call 911.
For an Urgent Care or After Hours Clinic near you, please call your Molina Healthcare of Michigan 24-Hour Nurse Advice Line at (888) 275-8750 (English) or (866) 648-3537 (Spanish.) TTY: 711.