Women's Preventive Services
Women may see any Molina Healthcare OB/GYN or women’s health specialist for well woman care. While Molina Healthcare of Michigan doesn't require referrals, check with your PCP to make sure there are no other referral needs.
- Women age 50 or over should have a mammogram to screen for breast cancer once every year.
- Women should have a pap smear every year to screen for cervical cancer.
- Young women, ages 16 – 25, who are sexually active should have a Chlamydia test every year to screen for this sexually transmitted disease (STD).
- Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act – Women’s health benefits include breast reconstruction services if elected after a mastectomy.
Family planning services
Family Planning Services are covered at no cost to you. These services include:
- Counseling to help you to decide when to have children
- Help to decide how many children to have
- Information about and prescriptions for birth control. For example, condoms and birth control pills. There is no cost to receive these items.
- Treatment for sexually transmitted diseases (STD)
Prior Approval (PA) is not required for family planning services, drugs, supplies and devices.
While Molina Healthcare of Michigan doesn't require referrals, check with your PCP to make sure there are no other referral needs to receive family planning services. You can receive family planning services from any doctor, clinic or Local Health Department, in or out of network. Family planning services are voluntary and confidential. Medicaid will pay for all services received out of network. You will use your mihealthcard to receive services.
It tells you what you need to know about your Molina Healthcare of Michigan Medicaid Health Plan. Read here.
How do members get care?
For information on the Moms of Molina (M.O.M.) Program, please call the M.O.M. nurse at (888) 898-7969, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST. (TTY: 711).