Molina Healthcare members have certain rights and responsibilities. The Member Rights and Responsibilities helps members know what to expect from their health care coverage. It can also help members get the most out of their health care.
A summary of the Member Rights and Responsibilities is below. For the full list, read your Member Handbook.
Members have the right to:
- Receive the facts about Molina Healthcare, our services and providers who contract with us to provide services, and information about your rights and responsibilities
- Have privacy and be treated with respect and dignity
- Help make decisions about their health care. Members may refuse treatment
- Request and receive a copy of the member’s medical records or request an amendment or correction
- Openly discuss treatment options in a way the member understands (no matter what the cost is or if the benefit is covered)
- Voice any complaints or appeals about Molina Healthcare or the care the member received
- Get summary information about complaints or appeals that members have filed against the health plan
- Use the member rights without fear of negative results
- Receive a copy of the Member Rights and Responsibilities at least yearly
- Suggest changes to the Member Rights and Responsibilities
Members also have the responsibility to:
- Give, to the extent possible, all facts that Molina Healthcare and the providers need to care for them
- Know their health problems and take part in making agreed upon treatment goals as much as possible
- Follow the care plan instructions the member agreed to with their provider
- Keep appointments and be on time. Members should call their provider if they will be late or cannot keep an appointment.
*Printed copies of information posted on our website are available upon request.