Molina Healthcare staff will help you coordinate your care
Living with health problems and managing them can be hard. Molina Dual Options MyCare Ohio offers special services and programs for members who need extra help with health issues. The programs are offered at no cost to you.
When you join Molina Dual Options, you will get your own Care Manager. Your Care Manager:
- Helps you manage your providers and services
- Is your point of contact for your care management needs
- Works with your doctors, nurses, caregivers and other members of your care team
Your Care Manager and care team will coordinate your care by:
- Asking questions to learn more about your condition and your needs
- Working with you to create a care plan that includes your health goals
- Making sure your preferences and needs are part of your care plan
- Talking with you about steps you want to take, or could take, to reach the goals in your care plan
- Helping you figure out what services you need to get, how to get those services (including local resources) and which providers can give you care
- Helping you find and schedule appointments with qualified providers
- Reminding you of important health appointments
- Helping you understand how to care for yourself
- Making sure medical tests and lab tests are done, and that the results are shared with your providers as needed
- Working with your providers to make sure they know all the medicines you take to reduce side effects
How do I enroll in a Care Coordination program?
You can choose to join a Care Coordination program if you meet certain requirements. You can refer yourself, or a provider can refer you.
Who do I contact for more information?
Please call our Health Management Department at (866) 891-2320 (TTY/TDD: 711) Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time. Our staff can give you more information. They can also let you know what programs you are currently enrolled in. You can also ask for a referral or ask to be removed from a program.