Children in Custody: Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to Molina Healthcare!
We are committed to serving the unique needs of our members who receive foster care services. To help you with this transition as a child’s guardian, we have listed common questions and answers about our covered services and benefits below. We look forward to talking with you soon.
1. What do I do if Molina says I’m not allowed to discuss information related to a child’s record?
The approved Managed Care Plan (MCP) Authorization form must be completed by the Public Children Services Association or legal guardian and sent to Molina at ServiceFulfillment@MolinaHealthcare.com.
2. Who should I contact if I have a question about getting medications approved or other billing concerns?
- For questions about billing, contact your assigned Care Manager or call (800) 642-4168 and ask for the Care Management team.
- For questions about medications, call Member Services at (800) 642-4168 (TTY 711). We’re ready to help from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- For health questions, call our 24-Hour Nurse Advice Line at (888) 275-8750 (TTY 711).
3. Who should I contact if my child’s provider says the child is not eligible with Molina?
- Call (800) 642-4168 and ask for the Care Management team
- You can also call Member Services at (800) 642-4168 (TTY 711). We’re ready to help from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday to Friday.
4. Who should I contact with any other questions?
- For questions about your care, contact your assigned Care Manager or call (800) 642-4168 and ask for the Care Management team
- For health advice, call our 24-Hour Nurse Advice Line at (888) 275-8750 (TTY 711).
- For any other question, call Member Services at (800) 642-4168 (TTY 711). We’re ready to help from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Covered Benefits and Services
5. What dental services (including braces) are covered?Molina covers the following dental services:
- $0 co-pay for a cleaning and exam every 6 months
- $0 co-pay for routine dental services, like:
- Oral surgery
- Root canals
- Removal of impacted wisdom teeth
- Braces, if medically needed and pre-approved by Molina
- Learn more about covered dental services here.
6. What vision services and eyeglasses are covered? What if the child needs a new pair of glasses?
Molina covers the following vision services:
- $0 co-pay for an exam, frames and lenses every 12 months
- Replacement glasses are covered every 12 months due to normal wear and tear.
- Learn more about covered vision services here.
7. What Behavioral Health Services does Molina cover?
Molina covers all Medicaid covered services for children provided by Community Behavioral Health Centers (CBHC), such as Community Psychiatric Supportive Treatment, Intensive Home Based Therapy, and much more.
Some children may qualify for OhioRISE, a specialized care program for youth with complex behavioral health and multisystem needs. Learn more about OhioRISE here.
8. Is respite available for kinship or adoptive families through the Medicaid benefit?
Medicaid covers behavioral health respite for families with youth who are at risk or have a history of out of home placement due to emotional or behavioral disorders. Certified behavioral health providers can offer respite in hourly or daily units up to an annual 100 hours each year.
A Molina Care Manager can help you find a provider in your area and help arrange respite hours. Call (800) 642-4168 and ask for the Care Management team to ask about services.
9. Does Molina provide transportation help?
Yes, Molina provides transportation for members to any network provider, WIC office, County Department of Job and Family Services office and to a pharmacy after a provider visit.
Each member gets 30 extra one-way trips per calendar year. Transportation is always covered in some cases. Learn more about how you can use your transportation benefit here.
Call (866) 642-9279 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to schedule transportation. You must schedule 2 business days before a visit. (Business days do not include weekends.)
Health Plan and Care Management Information
10. How do I ask for a new ID card for my child?
- Contact your assigned Care Manager or call (800) 642-4168 and ask for the Care Management team.
- You can print your child’s ID card from our secure online member web portal at MyMolina.com.
- You can view your child’s ID card on the My Molina mobile app. Download the app from Google Play or the iPhone App Store.
11. How can I get 24-hour access to information about Molina and my child’s health care?
- Use the My Molina mobile app to view your child’s health care information anytime, anywhere. Members can download the app from Google Play or the iPhone App Store to use secure features. You can:
- View your member ID card
- Find or change providers
- See your health records
- Check your benefits and eligibility information
- Call the 24-hour Nurse Advice Line, Member Services, Transportation line or other support services
Already have a My Molina account? Use the same User ID and Password when registering for the My Molina mobile app.
12. How do I get my child assigned to a Care Manager?
- Molina’s Care Management team will contact the county Public Children Services Association agency at initial enrollment with Molina and when the child is found to have needs that could benefit from a Care Manager.
- The child’s legal guardian can also ask for a child to be enrolled into the Care Management program by calling (800) 642-4168 and asking for the Care Management team.
- A Health Risk Assessment will be completed with the child’s legal guardian or designated representative (e.g. foster parent) to determine the child’s specific needs and the best clinician to be assigned.
- When a child is placed in treatment foster care and/or receiving care coordination services from other entities, the Molina Care Manager will work closely with the treatment team to ensure there is no duplication of services. Molina Care Managers provide support to treatment team members to ensure communication between providers, seamless continuity of care and zero care gaps.