Patient Safety Program
Molina Healthcare wants our members and their families to be safe and healthy. We have a Patient Safety Program to help us meet this goal. This program gives our members the safety facts so they can make better health care choices. Here are a few of the things we do to improve safety:
- Give providers and hospitals information on safety issues and where to get help.
- Keep track of member complaints and grievances about safety problems in their provider’s office or hospital.
- Look at reports from groups that check hospital safety. Reports tell us about things such as if there was enough staff in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), use of computer drug orders, and so forth.
- Help members coordinate care when moving from one setting to another (e.g. hospital to home).
- Educate members about medication safety.
- Work with providers to ensure medications are the best for our members.
Groups that check safety:
Molina Healthcare members can look at these websites to:
- See what hospitals are doing to be safer.
- Help members know what to look for when they pick a provider or a hospital.
- Get information about programs and services for members with problems like diabetes and asthma.
*Printed copies of information posted on our website are available upon request.